-

Open Economies - Re: [OpenEconomies] Please help us out by commenting on the OE draft report for the DOT Force, Thanks!

Mailing List Home

Re: [OpenEconomies] Please help us out by commenting on the OE draft report for the DOT Force, Thanks!

  • To: <openeconomies(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenEconomies] Please help us out by commenting on the OE draft report for the DOT Force, Thanks!
  • From: "gershona" <gershona(at)hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:00:10 -0000
Hello Jim,

I have read your article with keen interest and come to the conclusion that it is a brilliant work for which you deserve commendation for your vision. The most important issue is that this is not one of those academic work but it is backed with a program of action which if implemented would be a big leap in our collective effort to bridging the gap. Your focus on the developing economies is also outstanding. I find it very relevant because we have so much work to do for these countries most especially in sub-Sahara Africa.
The area of research for my PhD which involves analysis of factors associated with the ICT disparity between developing and developed economies provides me with a more insightful appreciation for your policy frame work

Ghana my home country is currently addressing some of the issues raised in your article by initiating a broad based national ICT policy with greater focus on using ICT infrastructure as a major backbone for economic development. Other countries are also reported to be taking similar steps in Africa in line with the role that ICT is playing for the Asian region such as India with their innovative version of "silicon valley".

Cheers

Gershon Adzadi
IT Manager, Ghana Civil Aviation Authority