Diagnostic Kits/IP Profile of non-profit companies in Kits
From Commons Based Research
What are the 5 to 10 biggest non-profit companies in this field?
- Coriell Personal Medicine Collaborative - cpmc.coriell.org
- Personal Genome Project at Harvard
- Diagnostics for All (Whitesides paper microfluidics - based diagnostics; tests non-DNA biomarkers)
- see IP_Profile_of_Universities_working_in_Kits for universities
How is the market distributed?
- Where are they located? Are there any incentives for specific locations?
- Correlate them with their main outputs (Data. Narratives. Tools)
- Understand and identify cases where these companies are “experimenting” or “adopting” commons based approaches
- Identify these cases and treat them as entities that will also be placed in our mapping device (the quadrants).
- Identify what non-profits are the “Microsofts” of the field and what companies are the “IBMs” of the field.(Use the questionnaire to guide your research when appropriate - Carol will select specific relevant and helpful questions)