-

Open Economies - RE: [OpenEconomies] de Soto approach to property rights promoted in Ghana

Mailing List Home

RE: [OpenEconomies] de Soto approach to property rights promoted in Ghana

  • To: openeconomies(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
  • Subject: RE: [OpenEconomies] de Soto approach to property rights promoted in Ghana
  • From: Esther Dyson <edyson(at)edventure.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 12:34:34 -0400
  • Cc: openeconomies(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
yes, as long as the officials are honest and the citizens know enough to
exercise their rights, this is a wonderful idea....  Is that the case?

Esther

At 11:36 AM 9/25/2002, GERSHON ADZADI wrote:

>Dear James,
>
>Visit the link below to read more about the launch on the subject
>
>http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=27699
>
>Best regards
>

>Gershon Adzadi
>

>>From: "Moore, James" <jmoore@geopartners.com>
>>To: "'openeconomies@eon.law.harvard.edu'" <openeconomies@eon.law.harvard.edu>
>>Subject: RE: [OpenEconomies] de Soto approach to property rights promoted
>>in Ghana
>>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:47:39 -0400
>>
>>Dear Gershon,
>>
>>Thank you very much for this insight--I think OE readers would appreciate
>>knowing more about the launch and the plans--can you tell us a bit more,
>>and/or are there links to local news online that you might share? Thanks for
>>your help.  Please keep in touch and let us know of new developments or
>>interesting observations.
>>
>>For those interested in learning more about Hernando de Soto and the
>>movement to extend property rights as a foundation for development--here is
>>a relevant link to PolicyLibrary:
>>
>>http://www.policylibrary.com/Hernando_%20de_Soto.htm
>>
>>And here is a provocative interview:
>>
>>http://reason.com/DeSoto.shtml
>>
>>William (Terry) Fisher of the Berkman Center has also done extensive work on
>>property registration systems.  For those who would like to learn about this
>>work--and read direct field reports, here is a link:
>>
>>http://www.law.harvard.edu/Academic_Affairs/coursepages/tfisher/Registries.h
>>tml
>>
>>Best, Jim Moore
>>
>>Make new networks!
>>
>>Dr. James F. Moore
>>Senior Fellow
>>Harvard Law School
>>Director, Open Economies
>>Berkman Center for Internet and Society
>>Baker House
>>1587 Massachusetts Avenue
>>Cambridge, MA 02138
>>
>>www.openeconomies.org
>>jmoore@cyber.law.harvard.edu
>>jmoore@geopartners.com
>>Office phone number US 1 617 495-7547

Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
writer, Release 3.0 (on Website below)
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --   fax  1 (212) 924-0240
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

The conversation continues..... at
http://www.edventure.com/conversation/