-

Open Economies - The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting starts Thursday in New York

Mailing List Home

The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting starts Thursday in New York

  • To: openeconomies(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
  • Subject: The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting starts Thursday in New York
  • From: "Moore, James" <jmoore(at)geopartners.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:40:49 -0500
The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting starts Thursday, January 31 in New
York.  This year the meeting has been totally revamped, post September 11.
The overall theme is fragility.  The normal mix of business executives and
senior government leaders (plus some artists and scientists and academics)
has been augmented by people from civil society--NGOs, activists,
anti-poverty leaders.  The aim of the conference is to broaden dialogue.

If you want to read about the agenda yourself, check out the web site for
the Forum and the program, at

http://www.weforum.org/site/homepublic.nsf/Content/Homepage

If you follow the mouse click trail to this year's meeting agenda, and into
the six major themes, you are invited to comment on the topics, and your
comments will be available to others.

Two of us from the Berkman Center will be attending. I will be going, as
will Jonathan Zittrain.  I will keep you posted on what develops.

Dr. James F. Moore
Senior Fellow
Harvard Law School
Open Economies Project