Re: [h2o-discuss] Open Governance

>I also propose to discuss "open governance", because how governance
>is understood and how openess is defined is a critical question in
>the governance of cyberspace - and especially in regard to ICANN.

I am interested in an answer as well, if you allow me to add something:

Part of governance is being an educator (FDR said something to that extent,
but a little more confidence-inspiring)-- a fair degree of the job is
answering
questions from constituents.

Clearly, the Internet is inspiring many public forums for people to ask
questions in the public interest. What's needed is the "bridge" to tie
official people into answering questions in unofficial forums.

Discussion group software is getting quite good (cf. Abuzz, Ultimate
Bulletin Board), that is to say, good enough that they are become more
succinct to use. I'm wondering who's going to step up to the plate and start
bringing the public and public officials together. I'm willing to put some
work in... would anybody else be willing to work on it? I have to warn you,
there is no "business plan" for this, only a "civic plan."

Jon

ps. What in the world is a "bagillion" referenced in that other post? Is
that a new level of currency?