[h2o-discuss] fair huckleberries

"What sort of country is that where the huckleberry
fields are private property?  When I pass such fields
on the highway, my heart sinks within me.  I see a
blight on the land.  Nature is under a veil there.
I make haste away from the accursed spot.  Nothing
could deform her fair face more.  I cannot think of
it ever after but as the place where fair and
palatable berries are converted into money, where the
huckleberry is desecrated."

--From "Wild Fruits," by Henry David Thoreau, 1850
posthumous ms. edited by Bradley Dean, to be published
this fall, for the first time, by W. W. Norton.
(with a new copyright that will be converted into money
for many years to come, courtesy of Dean, the New York
Public Library and the Thoreau Institute, www.walden.org)

http://www.cnn.com/books/news/9909/06/new.thoreau.ap/

--
"Eric"    Eric Eldred      Eldritch Press
mailto:EricEldred@usa.net  http://eldred.ne.mediaone.net/