Re: [h2o-discuss] Fatbrain

Amazon.com Advantage Program Instructions and Rules is a similar
development. Aside from copyright matters, I think this is great. It is a
way to empower people and avoid censorship of the individual; take some
control away from the owners of production, and get your stuff out there, so
that the culture is shaped by who is in it. A few people have become
mainstream this way, and picked up by the big publishers. I think one author
wrote a book called Chat and another book Connect-and sold it on the website
and then her contract was picked up by the mainstream publishers. There are
copyright issues to be sure with this phenomenon, but the bigger one is
democratizing culture, and access to each other, way sof reaching other
without corporate barrier and control.