Re: [h2o-discuss] meta-discussions

Wendy Seltzer writes:
 > Sounds great to me!
 >
 > Hyperlinking currently allows us to make direct references among existing
 > works, or, if we have a full-fledged idea (and a webserver), to create a
 > new work linking back to its sources.  Annotation, as I see it, could be an
 > intermediate step -- allowing people to add brief ideas to an ongoing
 > discussion, scholarly criticism around an otherwise static piece, or
 > commentary on a work-in-progress.  With an open source annotation protocol,
 > anyone could set up an annotation server with its own database to hold
 > these conversations in public or private.

Have you checked out crit?  We at www.OpenResources.com have installed
one crit. You can check its functionality by loading the following url
(it's correct, although it seems strange):
<http://www.openresources.com:8765/http://www.openresources.com/>

Feel free to make annotations. It's a test prototype. Just select a
piece of text and then click on the "comment" button on the top-rightmost
corner of the page where you are.

You can reach crit (which is open source) at http://www.crit.org

Best regards,
--
Pedro de las Heras-Quiros                  Universidad Carlos III

e-mail: pheras@acm.org   URL: http://www.gsyc.inf.uc3m.es/~pheras
    snail mail: Avda. Universidad 30. E-28911. Leganes SPAIN