Re: [dvd-discuss] Jon Johansen acquitted!!

Sham Gardner wrote:
> Finally some good news:
> http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article.jhtml?articleID=466519

We won this one. According to the judgement, gaining access to a DVD you
own with "non-approved" tools is not illegal and making available a
digital crowbar is in most instances legal if it can not be proved
beyond reasonable doubt that the person making it/making it available
did so with the intent of assisting others in breaking the law.

So, as close to a total victory as you can get.

But keep in mind that this was just a minor skirmish in the large war.
We got our man back safely, but the Panzers are gathering for the big
EUCD battle.

The content of this message can either be used according to normal
copyright law (including quoting and personal copies) or by the terms of
the GNU Free Documentation License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html