[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] So what is SonicBlue selling? DO I have to use to use thespyware?
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] So what is SonicBlue selling? DO I have to use to use thespyware?
- From: "Michael A Rolenz" <Michael.A.Rolenz(at)aero.org>
- Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 08:32:54 -0700
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
SONICblue reserves the right to automatically add, modify, or disable any
features in the operating software when your ReplayTV 4000
connects to our server.
Q. What does the free ReplayTV
A. The ReplayTV service doesn't
require a monthly service fee for
operation. It provides your custom
channel guide data and
myreplaytv.com for programming your
ReplayTV while away from home over
OK so what is RePlayTV selling me? I purchased the unit. I OWN it yet they
reserve the right to modify it without my permission and under the guise
of giving me free monthy channel guides.
Here's a subversive question...what would be the legal status of someone
who modified his computer to search for and block the courts's directed
spyware program to return NOTHING or a note stating that the information
request has been blocked? Or what if somebody patches the executable to
eliminate the spyware? Are they in contempt of court? Or suppose somebody
finds a security flaw in the SonicBlue spyware and modifies it to do