[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Editorial in CommVerge magazine
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Editorial in CommVerge magazine
- From: mickey <mickeym(at)mindspring.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:24:49 -0500
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
"What prompts me to revisit this topic is a PR campaign launched to
engender support for new copy-protected CDs. "
"To justify copy protection, the record labels are trotting out
statistics that I can't believe more journalists haven't challenged."
"I'd encourage all consumers to refuse to buy protected CDs. In fact,
I'll put it in writing: My family won't buy music that we can't rip to a
PC—no matter how much my son begs."
"I'd also warn the industry to stop labeling anyone who's ever ripped a
CD "pirate." "