[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] TW Hypocrisy
- To: "openlaw decss" <dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] TW Hypocrisy
- From: "John Zulauf" <johnzu(at)ia.nsc.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:27:34 -0700
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
After all the hand wringing about "infinite digital reproduction" and
"content owners" -- CNN gets a stolen tape from Al Jazeera and ....
POSTS IT ON THE INTERNET
I've said it before. The reason the copyright industry is so paranoid
about "theft" is that is exactly what they do when they think they can
get away with it.
I sure hope Al-J sends AOL-TW a DMCA C&D letter. I'd love to quote from
TW corporate response (as to why they can ignore the DMCA) -- "sanctity
of journalistic expression in the 1A" if Coreley is reheard or cert.
Now THAT would be a letter to get in discovery.