Re: [dvd-discuss] RIAA Subpoena Process-Flaws

It almost seems as though the RIAA method presumes an incorrect (i.e.
Euclidean) view of space-time... so that one could defeat the system by
merely setting up Network Address Translation, or by setting one's
computer clock to a different year. What is to prevent a user from
putting bogus information into their DNS in order to defeat the system?
It's fairly easy for someone to set up a bogus DNS server.

What concerns me more is the danger of false positives.
If the subpoenas are based on a flawed system, then information
regarding the limitations of the method  might be useful in defending
against the subpoenas.