Re: [dvd-discuss] did everyone already see this?

Well, that is not how the courts have interpreted what it means to
"access" in the DMCA.  Moreover, I doubt that yours is a definition the
courts would accept.  The DMCA says nothing about accessing something as
"content."  By your definition, anything that did not get read and
copied would not count as access.  This would leave a lot of computer
programs unprotected by the DMCA.  This does not seem to be what
Congress intended.