Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: [dvd-discuss digest 2003] V #237

Rares Marian wrote:

> >On 8 Jul 2003 at 11:29, John Zulauf wrote:

Wrong attribution:

should be

> microlenz@earthlink.net wrote:
> >I think it was Jessica Litman who wrote that the problem with copyright now is
> >that there is an industry of obsolete people who still have BMWs that they want
> >to keep and don't want to take up the task of throwing away all that they
> >learned in school and practice and starting from scratch.

> That is such a cop-out.

BTW which is a cop-out.  I see two.  (1) the cop-out of the status quo
(i.e. those who don't want to relearn) and (2) the cop-out of using
stereo-typing and ad hominem attack against "obsolete people who still
have BMWs" using an "eat the rich, they're just lazy" argument to attack
a group that holds a view one wishes to discredit.

Both are cop-outs, to which particular cop-out did you object?