[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dvd-discuss] IDSA Forces Arcade Game Manual Archive Offline
- To: Openlaw DMCA Forum <dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] IDSA Forces Arcade Game Manual Archive Offline
- From: Kurt Hockenbury <khockenb(at)stevens-tech.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:55:10 -0400
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> It seems to me that copyrights are used as often to prevent the
> dissemination of information as incent dissemination these days.
Which is one reason I tend to favor mechanical licensing, especially for works
that are out of print.
Information may not want to be free, but keeping it locked up sure as hell
doesn't "promote the progress of science and the useful arts".