Re: [dvd-discuss] SCC, Lexmark, and copyright versusreverse-engineering

<sarcasm on>
Oh but all good capitalists strive to crush their competition and become monopolists...everybody knows that. As for cartridges being a mere commodity....they are intellectual PROPERTY! Something on the par with a play, a musical score, a novel and even Britney Spears latest warbling.
<sarcasm off>

Agreed. Regardless of the means of achieving it, Lexmark's end is monopolistic and they should be punished.They have conspired to lock in the market place and the "prebate" is nonsense. There is NO difference between the cartridges, therefore it is merely a tying arrangement....not that I expect Johnny Ashcroft to understand it.

noah silva <nsilva@atari-source.com>

03/29/2003 03:06 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss