Re: [dvd-discuss] "under penalty of perjury"

On 28 Feb 2003 at 19:09, Jim Bauer wrote:

Date sent:      	Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:09:15 -0500
From:           	Jim Bauer <jfbauer@comcast.net>
To:             	dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject:        	Re: [dvd-discuss] "under penalty of perjury"

> Ken Arromdee <arromdee@rahul.net> wrote:
> >If you read the message carefully, the "penalty of perjury" part only applies
> >to the statement that the BSA is authorized on behalf of the copyright owners
> >listed in the notice.  So not in this case.
> >

> But they were not authorized by the Copyright holders of the files
> in question.

If so, then they have NO legal authority since they are not an agent of the
copyright holder. I find that hard to believe but if so, then they must pay the
penalty of perjury...but to whom? What court did they swear in front of? What
court has jurisdiction?