RE: OT Palm readers Re: [dvd-discuss] CTEA Protects What Copyrights?

"There must always be a text file..." <sung to the tune of  "There will always be an England">

Actually for ebooks. If you think about it what did you have for pbooks (paper books...BTW. If nobody has copyrighted/trademarked this as the paper alternative to ebooks, I do so now relinquish my copyright/trademark and place that word/trademark into the public domain...I digress), you had title page, preface, legal page, toc, index, list of figures, pictures, etc. I don't see how the text parts of that could not be peformed with simple backward and forward pointers. Years and Years ago before microsoft word, before word perfect, on BSD Unix platforms and Vaxes we would just embed characters in large program listings or text files that allowed us to find sections easily. I don't see why a similar thing could not be done for GML. Of course this requires Gutenberg to use a standard formatting. NOr would the program be very sophisticated

"Richard Hartman" <hartman@onetouch.com>

02/06/2003 03:23 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss