Re: [dvd-discuss] various reactions to supreme court travesty

dcsessions wrote:
> I'm not at all sure I agree.
>
> Too many people have died for freedom of speech and other
> "thought freedoms" to blithely toss them out as worth less than
> a single life.

The disrespect for copyright (and other laws) that the Bono Act land grab
engenders among coming generations is a greater threat than the actual loss
of PD materials to any one artist or writer.

Some 3.x million people everyday are sharing (mostly) copyrighted materials
every day on KaZaa alone. While not a large number as Napster, this is everyday
for years now. Add Morpheus, etc. and the disregard for the law is rampant.

7607 6FA2 6485 3707  42D1 99AD 7E20 52FD