RE: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

Joshua Stratton wrote:

"Copyright needs to serve the public interest first and foremost. I'm more
than happy to help devise ways of working inside the system for mutual
advantage, but copyright holders that recognize that their position is
subordinate to everyone else are few and far between."

Quite True. Read the Amicus Briefs for the other side in Eldred. From the estates of Dr. Suess, Madeline, E.B.White and argued by Ted Olson, the argument is that the public interest is best served by allowing a priviledged few to control works of copyright for their advantage....

Joshua Stratton <cpt@gryphon.auspice.net>

01/14/2003 04:16 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss