RE: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

But it is a loss that _they_ incurred when they
made a gift of that CD to me.  I now own it, just
as I own that DVD of "Die Hard" we've been using
as our parallel example.

If it weren't for that 'gift' aspect, then I wouldn't
have any problems w/ the idea that hacking past the
DRM is theft of their product.  For example, if I
made a copy of that CD and gave it to you, that would
be theft (although if I gave you the original, it
would merely be a transfer of property...)