Re: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

How does "charging" the postal meter differ from "authorizing" the
installer to install TurboTax.  Aside from an authorization the postal
meter is also "all there".  The ink is installed, the print programs
installed, the print head functional, etc.

In either case you are avoid payment to obtain a token of
authorization.  In one case, the authority to print postage, in the
other the authority to copy a functioning TurboTax.