[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] Re: TurboTax for free?
- From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger(at)samsara.law.cwru.edu>
- Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:25:21 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:11:59 +0100." <20030108201159.C15125@inka.de>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
Sham Gardner writes:
: On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:27:25PM -0500, Ole Craig wrote:
: > > DVD ROM drives don't contain player keys, Sanctioned DVD video players
: > > (including software players) do.
: > Yes, and I am certain that Jon received just such a package
: > along with his DVD drive, much as I did when I bought mine.
: While that is quite possible, it's no certainty. At least here in Germany
: it's quite possible to purchase the "bulk" version of a DVD drive that
: doesn't come bundled with a software player.
Johansen testified in the Corley case that he had a MSWindows machine,
perhaps dual boot, I don't recall, on which he could play DVD's, but
that he wanted to play them on his Linux box. Thus he had software
with the player key just as Sham Gardner states.
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
EMAIL: email@example.com URL: http://samsara.law.cwru.edu
NOTE: firstname.lastname@example.org no longer exists