Re: [dvd-discuss] DVD Jon

Maybe someone should do a public demonstration of DVD copying without using DeCSS....

Sham Gardner <mail@risctaker.inka.de>

01/08/2003 08:12 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss

        To:        dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [dvd-discuss] DVD Jon

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 04:05:36PM +0000, Steve Hosgood wrote:
> I notice that the "DVD Jon" story gets front page coverage on the Herald
> Tribune today. Seems that the paper swallows all the Hollywood hype about
> how CSS is vital for "preventing piracy" and other such crap, and how the
> *content* of a DVD (that is your property) somehow is still the property of
> Hollywood.

The article in question is also avilable online:

http://www.iht.com/articles/82558.htm

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of
arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand." (Ambassador G'Kar, Babylon 5)