[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Copyright conundrum
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Copyright conundrum
- From: microlenz(at)earthlink.net
- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:29:09 -0700
- In-reply-to: <3CB6BE57.D1C97839@RealMeasures.dyndns.org>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
I just received in the mail from Hippocampus Press a copy of Clark Ashton
Smith' s "The Black Diamonds"
It was Written in 1910 when CAS was 17.
This is the first publication. It was found in his papers and has NEVER been
published before. Permission granted by his estate...
CAS died in 1961.
Much of his later work is available on the internet. ( I believe his widow has
allowed the works to be made available on the internet at the eldridge dark
website http://www.eldritchdark.com...in effect putting them in the public
domain...his papers are at Brown University.).
So just WHICH copyright law applies?