[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [dvd-discuss]DMCA and the Church Of Scientology
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: RE: [dvd-discuss]DMCA and the Church Of Scientology
- From: "Steve Hosgood" <steve(at)caederus.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:31:38 +0100
- In-reply-to: <55D41E46BAD58E4BBA52AA3798D6C6C72AE91E@postal.fcci-group.com>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
Dean Sanchez writes:
> I think that it is referring to the part of the DMCA that was added to
> indemnify ISPs from copyright infringement - the takedown notice.
No offence intended to you Dean, but:
Google (who are a search engine, not an ISP) are being accused of *copyright*
violation just because they list some other site (not scientology.com) first
on a list of things found after a search for "scientology"?
There must be more to it, or surely Google would tell them to go stick their
heads in a lavatory and pull the flush.
Steve Hosgood |
firstname.lastname@example.org | "A good plan today is better
Phone: +44 1792 203707 + ask for Steve | than a perfect plan tomorrow"
Fax: +44 70922 70944 | - Conrad Brean
http://tallyho.bc.nu/~steve | ( from the film "Wag the Dog" )