[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dvd-discuss] OT: MPAA??
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] OT: MPAA??
- From: Ron Gustavson <rongusss(at)mediaone.net>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:15:52 -0500
- In-reply-to: <20020220181140750.AAA501@dns2.caprock-spur.com@there>
- References: <7D15156EB67BD5119D180002554C2D0E32DB88@ZHNTE01> <20020220181140750.AAA501@dns2.caprock-spur.com@there>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:12:18 -0500, Ronald Austin <email@example.com>
>Maybe this site will answer most of your question.
>Makes you wonder... since they are located in LA LA land.
|G General Audiences. All ages admitted.
|PG Parental Guidance Suggested. Some material may not be suitable for
|PG-13 Parents Strongly Cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for
children under 13.
|R Restricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
|NC-17 No one 17 and under admitted.
Rather simplistic, no? Perhaps cleaving a delicate dish with too thick a
GNP --general audience, but no parents allowed
PGP --parental guidance for other parents (sort of a parent's-only test
viewing; good for babysitters too)
PG --6 (more specific generalization must be A Good Thing)
--anything up to 21; what's so special about adolescence?
RH --restricted to humans (only senitient beings permitted)
RP --restricted to primates (two legs good!)
REO --restricted to Europeans Only
NC-40 --the damage is already done; lighten up and let it roll!