[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Copyright holders don't know Parody
- To: "openlaw decss" <dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Copyright holders don't know Parody
- From: "John Zulauf" <johnzu(at)ia.nsc.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:53:23 -0700
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
The owners of the 007 rights have got a C&D against naming the 3rd
installment of the Austin Powers series "Austin Powers: Goldmember" --
too close to "Goldfinger"
I always thought for parody to work, the allusion have to be clear.
Unless of course these IP lawyers don't know their "member"s from their
(sorry, could resist lowering myself to the double entendre about IP
guys who don't seem to know one end from the other