[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Will there be an appeal?
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Will there be an appeal?
- From: "Arnold G. Reinhold" <reinhold(at)world.std.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 23:55:28 -0500
- Reply-To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
Yahoo/Reuters has a nice article on the First Amendment implications
of the 2nd Circuit's ruling in Universal v. Remerdez/Corley/2600 ,
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011202/tc/tech_dmca_dc_1.htm , but
at the end they quote Cindy Cohn of the EFF as saying 'there was a
``strong possibility'' the Felten case would be appealed, but wasn't
so sure about the Corley case.'
Is there really doubt about the possibility of an appeal from the 2nd
Circuit or did the reporter get it backwards, i.e. an appeal of the
Felton case is in doubt? The later might make sense since a Felton
appeal would presumably be heard in the pro-DMCA 2nd Circuit and the
Corley case would presumably get to the Supreme Court well before
Felton ever would.