[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Bad News...
- To: <dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Bad News...
- From: Tim Neu <tim(at)tneu.visi.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:27:11 -0600 (CST)
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
This from the 2600.com website.
BULLETIN - DMCA APPEAL DECIDED
Posted 28 Nov 2001 22:39:50 UTC
We have just been notified that a decision has come down in our DMCA
appeal in the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals. We lost.
That is literally all we know at this point. We don't yet have the
transcript of the decision but we are working feverishly to get it. We
don't know if all of our points were dismissed or if we were able to gain
some concessions. What we do know is that Judge Kaplan's decision was
We will update this story as we continue to learn more. And we want to
thank everyone who has continued to support us in this long and difficult
All of the problems associated with Intellectual property can easily
be resolved by keeping those who believe in it on a strict diet of
Intellectual bread and water.
______ _ __ "If you don't have the freedom to use what you
/ ' ) ) own - then you do not own anything."
/ o ______ / / _ . . No apologies to Jack Valenti or the MPAA
/ <_/ / / < / (_</_(_/_ -- email@example.com / http://www.visi.com/~tneu --