[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [dvd-discuss] Interesting 1st sale-shrinkwrap-EULA-(c) infrin gementcase
- To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: RE: [dvd-discuss] Interesting 1st sale-shrinkwrap-EULA-(c) infrin gementcase
- From: "Steve Hosgood" <steve(at)caederus.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:13:57 GMT
- In-Reply-To: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
> > >
> > Because they didn't exist when the "no-rental" law was passed?
> > When was that done, anyway?
> Perhaps there is no difference. I think the copyright owner can allow
> others to rent. My friend who works at blockbuster said the tapes they
> buy to rent are hundreds of dollars each (for the same movie you can buy
> for $20).
They are produced differently. They're on a much tougher tape base, and are
duplicated at slow speed, not the ultra fast nasty "magnetic domain transfer"
techniques used AFAIK for cheapo buy-through tapes.
Steve Hosgood |
email@example.com | "A good plan today is better
Phone: +44 1792 203707 + ask for Steve | than a perfect plan tomorrow"
Fax: +44 70922 70944 | - Conrad Brean
http://tallyho.bc.nu/~steve | ( from the film "Wag the Dog" )