[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Americans back encryption controls- NOT QUITE!
- To: <dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Americans back encryption controls- NOT QUITE!
- From: Michael.A.Rolenz(at)aero.org
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:41:22 -0700
- Reply-To: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
Another piece of irresponsible journalism:
Americans back encryption controls
A poll finds widespread support for a ban on 'uncrackable' encryption
products, following proposals in Congress to tighten restrictions on
software that scrambles data.
The next paragraphs states:
THE SURVEY FOUND that 72
percent of Americans believe that
anti-encryption laws would be
"somewhat" or "very" helpful in
preventing a repeat of last week's
terrorist attacks on New York's World
Trade Center and the Pentagon in
Somewhat is NOT very